I thought it was about time mistfire had his own page
x-slacko-slim is a modified version of rg66's x-slacko with modifications and improvements in a compact frame
It is a only a remastered X-Slacko (using build kit and customized remaster script) with some tweaks. This
puplet is very unique compared to other puplets.
This is just for plaything. Also it can be used as rescue disc for other OSes.
* With zram (It can run in 256Mb of RAM)
* Improved puppy scripts and GUI layouts
* Small screen friendly (up to 640x480 screen resolution)
* Works nicely on netbooks and baby laptops (such as Asus EeePC, OLPC, and Intel Classmate)
* Equipped with Photorec, chntpw, and Testdisk
* Builtin ADB and fastboot command for troubleshooting android devices
* Office applications removed (to reduce puplet size)
* Midori browser instead of Firefox (to reduce puplet size)
* Some large files and old drivers removed (to reduce puplet size)
* MS-Window like interface (using Redmond-Delta theme) for more familiarity and Cheser for Iconset.
* Wide repos to choose from (other repos will be available if update PPM database is run)
* With UEFI USB installer.
* With Network boot server and network boot tools
* Full legacy PUP package (old puppy package format) support.
* With MTP client.
* Fax support
* Tape backup support
* With window manager switcher
* Non-ACPI/Non-APM friendly
* IrDA and Bluetooth connectivity
* USB tethering support
* Easier package repo management
* Can boot in UEFI (32-bit and 64-bit) and Secure Boot (install the included signed key first).
* Can remaster hybrid iso.
* User friendly initrd
* With Mounted image manager
* Wine ready. Just install wine and double-click the windows executable file to run Windows applications. It also works on MSI Installers, BAT, CMD, COM, VBS, and REG file.
* Wider package support. Aside from PET, Debian (DEB), Red Hat (RPM), Slackware (TXZ, TGZ), and Arch Linux packages (PKG.TXZ).
It also accepts the following packages (by automatic package conversion, this allows to utilize almost all available linux packages):
->Tiny Core (*.tcz)
->Alpine Linux (*.apk)
->Void linux (*.xbps)
->Damn Small Linux (*.dsl)
+ These packages can be converted to pet packages by double-clicking it.
more details here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107313
ScannerInternet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3
ISO IMAGE Uplevel BACK
Uploaded by allytonx on